TRIS BIKE: High-performance tilting electric trike
Italy-based SASP Innovation has come up with a new cycling sensation that can take the world by storm. It is called TRIS BIKE, and it’s nothing short of a revolution. It’s an innovative and truly unique high-performance tilting electric trike, also available without motor, that is built with a singular purpose: enjoyment. Give your commute an entirely new angle of sporty innovation with this fast, stable and enjoyable ride.
Figure 1 Tris Bike: Tilting electric bike with three wheels from Italy.
Electronic cycling innovation
TRIS BIKE will change the way you see cycling. It is pedal-powered, but can also come accompanied by the Italian ZEHUS electric motor or by the German PENDIX electric motor, according to customer needs.
- ZEHUS “all-in-one” 250W electric motor integrates brushless motor, batteries and an innovative 4-sensor system in the rear hub. Everything stays within 180 mm diameter and 120 mm width and in just 3 kg! It is powered by a 30-volt lithium-ion battery that can fully charge in around 3 hours. Battery capacity of 172 Wh offers about 40-45 km of range on full electric assistance. ZEHUS motor has a torque of 30 Nm and boost peak of 40 Nm. The special KERS technology built into the battery allows you to partially charge it from a form of regenerative braking, which helps you retain range and cut down on overall charging time. Wireless clean lines, light weight, high technology and remote diagnostics make this motor a true technological gem.
- PENDIX 250 W electric motor is powered by a removable 48-volt lithium-ion battery that can fully charge in around 3 hours. With a maximum torque of 65 Nm and a battery of 330 Wh is more suitable for long medium routes of about 70 km on full electric assistance and city routes not flat. Ideal for those who live in big cities and want to enjoy longer journeys.
What makes TRIS BIKE really special, however, are its manoeuvrability and stability on the road.
Tilting for fast cornering. Unparalleled stability
Figure 2 TRIS BIKE’s front wheels tilt up to 30 degrees relative to the frame.
TRIS BIKE is a tilting electric trike, capable of tilting up to 30 degrees in either direction for the most agile and nimble cornering experience you’ll likely get on any cycle, especially on a trike. The innovative 3 wheel design allows TRIS BIKE to navigate through tight urban obstacles and manoeuvre with precision where other cycles would be forced to slow, stop or take detours.
The Tilting Front Wheel System (TFWS) and Tilting Block System (TBS) are the innovative secret to what make TRIS special in the industry. It’s a patented technology from SASP Innovation, allowing this brand to exclusively offer this cutting-edge capability.
On top of that, the 3-wheel design gives you a level of stability that bicycles can’t. As you stop on a normal bike, you have to put at least one foot to the floor to stay upright. The TRIS BIKE’s three wheels keep you upright, comfortable and stable when you pull up to traffic lights. You can retain your riding position for a nice, quick set-off when everyone starts moving again.
Figure 3 TRIS BIKE riders can block the tilt action to stop without putting their feet down.
Built for city life
TRIS BIKE is built for city life. It comes with three loading points for cargo, allowing you to load up to 75kg of shopping, books and whatever other gear you need in your daily life. The front loading platform and the 50-litre front cargo box, easily assembled in less than two minutes, transform TRIS BIKE from a city trike for adults into a mini and compact cargo bike. This is a vehicle built for urban life and commuting.
The unisex steel frames are durable and can stand up to a hard life on the road. What’s more, you can easily adjust the seat and bar heights to suit riders from 1.5-1.95m tall. Possibility of customising the equipment and the size of the frame.
Choose from the TRIS BIKE range
The range currently consists of four models:
- TRIS LIGHT : non-electric version for pure pedal-power experience
- TRIS FIX : the ebike with the Italian ZEHUS rear motor
- TRIS FIX POWER : the ebike with the German PENDIX central motor
- TRIS SPLIT: another electric option which can easily disassemble for quick storage
The units are designed, built and assembled in Italy and are currently available in all of Europe.